Saturday, December 19, 2009

Do Dreams Have Any Real Meaning?


Image Source

We are always puzzled by our dreams. And we instinctively try to decipher the meaning of those dreams. But do dreams have any real meaning? Doing a little research, I found out that dreams have the following meanings and purposes. These are 1)to help solve problems, 2) to diagnose illness, 3) to fulfill sexual desires, 4) to cope with trauma, 5) to get rid of clutter, 6) to compensate for our personality, 7) to interpret external stimuli, 8) to provide a form of psychotherapy, 9) to edify the self, and 10) to predict the future.

I explain further the meaning of dreams in my article "10 Functions of Dreaming".

2 comments:

  1. I also wrote an article about dreams. I find them fascinating and enlightening.

    NOW I know who you are! Take care & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy. It took me time to get back to this blog.

    ReplyDelete